This is a checklist for all speakers and interpreters on how to test your own audio prior to the beginning of any event. It’s important to follow these instructions in advance to avoid any last-minute issues.
Before entering the event:
- Connect with a computer preferably via Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as a browser.
- Visit our check page to run the test
- Make sure that you click on “Check your audio and video settings” and once you click on Start, allow the use of microphone and camera (if prompted)
- Through the test, you should see and hear yourself (there might be echo as you would be hearing yourself). If all is good, you’re good to go!
When entering the event:
- Make sure you keep an eye on the volume bar at the top right of the screen. If you try producing any sound, you will see the bar moving up and down
- If you can’t hear yourself, either when performing the check phase or during an official event, please can try these steps:
- Make sure your microphone is not hard-muted (e.g. with a mute button on the microphone)
- Refresh the browser
- Quit any other software using your microphone (e.g. Skype or Teams)
- Quit the browser and open it again (especially on a Mac)
- Restart the computer.
- Switch the browser to alternatives supported for your role.
In case of any other issues, the VoiceBoxer support team can be contacted via support(at)voiceboxer.com