The event is not started or on pause
Booth Target not engaged
Active interpreter status
Stand-by interpreter status
Sends a message to the active speaker anonymously.
Mute – It is useful for the active interpreter. The standby interpreter is muted by default. Click again to unmute.
Easily switch the microphone with the booth partner (if the bi-directional booth is enabled). See the status of your booth partner:
- Broadcasting – Active interpreting; only hears source language
- Available – Muted by default; waiting to switch; hears source language & booth partner interpreting
- Offline – Waiting to be connected
- Idle – Mic and/or Camera blocked
- Live interpreter – Request booth partner switch & awaits partner’s confirmation;
- Inactive interpreter – Sees notification on Booth icon & Approve the switch;
- Live interpreter – finds an appropriate moment to Switch Now.
Both interpreters should see a red banner that says “Switched” at the bottom of your screen.
Difference between Live and Inactive interpreters:
The live interpreter can only hear the Source
The inactive interpreter can hear both the Source and Booth
Access to the Interface Language; Speaker & Microphones settings; Sign Out.
Sign Out – Press to leave the event and go back to the login page.
Launches a quick guide introducing all the VoiceBoxer functionalities for the Interpreter role.
Opens a private chat with the Voiceboxer staff for technical support.
The language you are listening to:
- Default Source = Floor
- For the relay, pivot language is chosen by selecting an alternative language under ‘Source‘.
- Please note other languages are available depending on the event set-up.
Booth Target – The language you are interpreting into:
- Turn on the booth by selecting a Target language.
- Shared Target: when booth controls are changed by one booth partner, the other sees the change in their interface.
- Hidden rules in Bidirectional booth: Only the active interpreter should control the Booth Target when changing language direction.
- The system reminds you if you haven’t engaged your booth.
- The system reminds you if you selected the same Source and Target.
Test your mic – This bar should be moving when you speak into your microphone. Please note that you will be broadcasting when you are the active interpreter.
The green dot – Shows you are connected as the broadcasting interpreter. We will not use the interpreters’ camera even tho you do need to allow the use of it from your browser.
Chat channels – Choose the one you would like to chat with. is opened by Default – the closed chat with the booth partner.
Event Slides – They will be displayed here if they are uploaded.
Magnifying Glass – The event slides or video fees from the active speaker will go full-screen when pressed.