This is a checklist for all interpreters on how to test your own audio prior to the beginning of any event. It’s important to follow these instructions in advance to avoid any last minute issues.
Before entering the event:
- Visit our check page to run the test
- Make sure that you click on “Check your audio and video settings” and once you click on Start, allow use of microphone and camera (if prompted)
- Through the test, you should see and hear yourself (there might be echo as you would be hearing yourself). If all is good, you’re good to go!
- If you can’t hear yourself, you can try these steps:
- Make sure your microphone is not hard-muted (e.g. with a mute button on the microphone)
- Refresh the browser
- Quit any other software using your microphone (e.g. Skype)
- Quit the browser and open it again (especially on a Mac)
- Restart the computer.
- Switch browser (e.g. Firefox or Chrome)
When entering the event:
- Make sure you keep an eye on the volume bar at the bottom left. If you try to producing any sound, you will see the bar moving up and down