VoiceBoxer aims at delivering high quality events on our platform. For this reason, from September 8th 2022 we have introduced new guidelines, in line with ISO standard 24019 – Simultaneous interpreting delivery platform. (To find more about ISO standard 24019, follow this link)
This article talks about requirements related to headsets, headphones and microphones when using VoiceBoxer as a speaker or interpreter.
As indicated in ISO24019, whether you are using a headset or headphone and microphone individually, the following technical requirements apply:
- Frequency response range: 125 Hz – 15 KHz
- Maximum frequency response variation: +/- 7 dB
- Maximum sound pressure level: at least 115 dBSPL / 105 dBSPL (less than 10cm distance from source) / (more than 10cm distance from source)
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 1% up to 115 dBSPL / 105 dBSPL at 1 KHz (less than 10cm distance from source) / (more than 10cm distance from source)
- SNR (Signal-to-Noise Ratio): at least 70 dB / 65 dB at 94 dB SPL at 1 KHz (less than 10cm distance from source) / (more than 10cm distance from source)
- Frequency response within: 125 Hz – 15 KHz
- Maximum frequency response variation: +/- 10 dB
- Mass excluding the cable and connector: equal or less than 100g
- Ear contact pressure: minor or equal to 2,5 N
- Headband: adjustable
- All that apply to microphones and headphones, except that the mass excluding the cable and connector must be equal or less than 200g
In addition, please note that equipment providing protection against acoustic shock and harmful sound levels is advised. Many vendors have those options.
We recommend using headset, headphone, microphone that connects to the computer using a jack or usb connection. In the case of a separate microphone and headset please ensure they are connected using two dedicated sockets. Bluetooth headsets are forbidden.
We have an extensive database of headsets that we can use to verify whether yours is compliant . If you’d like to know if your headset/headphone/microphone is compliant with these requirements, please reach out to VoiceBoxer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the brand name and model number.